And that problem was the Power Miler Track Club on January 16, 2022.
To say that PMTC thrived in H-Town would be an understatement.
Ten of the 16 members who raced the marathon set PRs; as did two of the five who raced the half.
There were also a number of superlatives among the finishers.
- Rich ran the club's fastest marathon time ever
- Will made his marathon debut and ran the club's fastest first-time marathon ever
- Tyler set a PR more than three years in the making
- Paul finished first in the 55-59 age group, nearly 3 minutes ahead of 2nd place
- Paige Fisher, who ran 2:55:46, did so while pregnant with her first child
- Michelle Parks (52nd, 2:54:07), Sara (57th) and Paige (60th) all finished among the top-60 in the women's race
- Jonathan earned the first BQ of his marathon career
- Sam ran strong his first marathon with the club
- Kate finished a clear 2nd in the 55-59 age group
- Josh PR'd after working the expo all day on Saturday
- Wayne Pertuit ran 1:30:34 in his first major race since surgery
- Matt Dalton battled fierce wind at the Louisiana Marathon to finish in 3:08:36
You better believe there will be more exceptional performances to come!
Next up for PMTC: Run on the Bayou 5k/10k on Saturday, January 22.